Monday, November 3, 2008

Map update: 03 November

Wow. When I woke up this morning, we were lumbering along I-57, making the final charge to Chicago. In the night, I think the bus wound through Arkansas and Missouri. But I don't think that counts on my Official State Count, does it?

Anyways, I'm sitting in a cafe just east of Canal Street and just west of what I assume is the Chicago River. The Sears Tower is nearby, and it's quite tall. I feel like I should resent its height just on principle, having been born near the world's (former) tallest free-standing structure tower building.

I believe I have a place to stay. This time with a friend of a friend of a friend. Because I trust everyone in the world, this should be easy.

Tomorrow: cameo appearance on Thirty Days made by friends from Ottawa.
Also tomorrow: cameo appearance by potential president-elect

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, will ye nae see the steamy Mt. Saint Helens? the buttes of Montana? the Anasazi ruins of New Mexico? the cable car of old San Francisco? No hope of Hollywood, and the remake of the McCain Mutiny? It's a challenging route ye've set, youngster. But the Big Easy draws 'em back again, and again.

Unknown said...

That's a long ass way from New Orleans to Chicago. Just the final stretch from Memphis looks exhausting.