Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thirty Days hits the big time: CityTV comes calling

If you are watch CityTV tonight at 6 p.m., or are near Internet some time soon after and visit citytv.com, you might catch a glimpse of three Canadians here watching the action in sunny Chicago.

Depending on what gets edited out or not, one of my inarticulate ramblings might make it to air!

UPDATE: Here it is!

(In the accompanying story, I'm quoted saying: "There's been so much hype around it is that the energy is just here in a way that it just doesn't exist in Canada." I'm positive I didn't say that and think it was the other guy, though I don't disagree.)

How did it all happen?
  • Carl Meyer made me aware of a post by..
  • Warren Kinsella, who was looking for Canadians in Chicago, because..
  • CityTV's Richard Madan wanted to interview some.
Kinsella wanted people to get in touch with him. So I did. And then Madan called me. What a funny sequence of events. Just another day on the trip.

Oh, and this articulate woman named Danielle Takacs was also part of the interview, along with another guy named Mike.

By the way, there is more security in this city than anything I can remember. The lone exception might be New Orleans in April, when the streets were full of state and federal authorities for blocks and blocks. As was the case there, Chicago police are pretty much all on duty tonight.

7 comments:

annietv600 said...

We'll be there, Nick!

Unknown said...

Is that the same thing as CTV? Some of my channels are blurry. Damn bunny ears antenna!

Danielle said...

TV - I want to hear all about being in Chicago on such an historic night!! Don't leave any details out!

Sheena said...

HISTORY!

You saw it.

In 20 years, people are gonna ask: "Where were you when the first black president was elected?"

And you will have the best fucking answer.

You = Hero.

Sarah Millar said...

Aw Nick! That was awesome! Congrats! I had to find it on City because I was working last night! Hope your road trip is going well!

Peter Raaymakers said...

I love the CUP t-shirt cameo. Awesome. Great work.

Nick said...

CUP!