Monday, November 3, 2008

Prelude to a victory: Is this the right spot?

Chicago on the eve of The Most Important Election Ever. The mood in the city might be different but, as this video explains, I really don't know anything about Chicago. Lots of sidewalk conversations about the election, though, for what that's worth.

Observe:



Not surprisingly, I was wrong. Sort of. All of Grant Park is presumably being prepared for an expected one million people who will stream downtown, but the speech will be given here:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice place. Did you notice how the trees are unusually uniform in shape and colour? I think it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous Nick. What an awesome place to say you were on Nov 4/5 2008. Take lots of pictures so we can all experience it vicariously.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited!

Coincidentally, the chapter I started today with my 9th grade students was about American Presidents, so I asked them if they knew what today was. They responded with the requisite "Tuesday, November 4th" and I told them it was an incredibly important day because the U.S. would choose a new president. Then I wrote 'Obama' and 'McCain' on the board and asked them who they thought would win. They all yelled "Obama!" It sure is fun molding impressionable minds.

Have fun in Chicago, Nick.

Unknown said...

So, I see the map. I see the word tickets. And does Mr. Nick have a ticket for this gathering? Or is that a stunned coaster question? Be careful, ye intrepid Canadian. I can recall evil doings in Chicago back in the '60s and big crowds were never my milieu.