Saturday, November 8, 2008

Salt Lake wrap-up

So, I'm off to Denver tomorrow. But just a couple of things to note. The red dot in the city is (around about) where I am staying, and the one in the mountains is as far as I walked earlier this afternoon. OK, so it wasn't the top of the mountain. Give me some credit.

Oh, it's called Mount Van Cott. And Google Maps tells me I reached about 5,500 feet above sea level. Also, the range is known as the Wasatch Mountains -- part of the Rockies.

Some views from the north, southwest, and south:



5 comments:

Unknown said...

If I were there, I might want to yodel. Not that I could.

Anonymous said...

Great shots!

Anonymous said...

When/where does your trip end? It feels like you've been travelling for thirty WEEKS!

Nick said...

It really does feel like that. I can't believe it's only been three weeks. So little time has actually passed.

Unknown said...

Very cool shots, especially from the top of the Library. Salt Lake City seems larger in mind than in geography. Very glad you flew in, since coming down into mountains is unique (well, the first couple of times...)