Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Map update: 12 November


So I just got off the bus in Austin. It was an 18-hour trip across New Mexico and much of the Great State of Texas. By the way, it's just as big as it looks on the map.

Don't ever do what I just did. Somehow, the 23-hour trip from New Orleans to Chicago and the 24-hour trip from there to Denver both seemed easier to endure than today's beast of a ride.

Unfortunately, there were no real characters of note on any of today's three buses.

One woman going to Florida who didn't trust anything I said about our next destinations (that I was right every time isn't much of a boost. I just learned how to read directions as a child.). One drunk Texan who kept accosting people. A teenager coming back from Marine Corps training in San Diego. You know, same 'ol.

So that's that. Oh, and the blue on the map is sort of what I'm considering the second half of the trip, if only because I'm moving back to time-zone sanity (i.e. Eastern Standard Time).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You actually DID take a left turn at Albuquerque!

Nick said...

Haha. And see how it turned out? I should always trust the bunny.

Unknown said...

How come you skipped Oklahoma City?

Anonymous said...

I believe Texas is pretty much the size of France. A little trivia for...yall.