Friday, November 7, 2008

Salt Lake City: First impressions

I haven't flown to many places. Only once outside of Canada, and a handful of times in Canada. So I don't have a lengthy resume of breathtaking landings from which to draw.

But the descent into Utah's capital is something else. Mountains, the Great Salt Lake, what appeared to be a huge network of marshes, and a sunset. If they didn't ask us to turn all electronics off as we hit 10,000 feet, I would have snapped a picture!

Here is a shot courtesy Google Maps that gives an idea. I didn't glide in from space, but you get the picture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you fly more, you'd realize you don't have to turn off ALL electronics. Just the ones you don't need at the moment.

Nick said...

They said all: "Anything that can be turned off."

Disobeying any American within arm's reach of a phone to Homeland Security is not something I want to do while I'm down here. :)